21 July, 2018

Recycling Costume Pieces

Recycling Costume Pieces

We cosplayers should also know how to be resourceful and creative with what we have~ Cosplaying isn't a cheap hobby after all! ^_^

Here are four cosplayed characters that I have done wherein I recycled a costume! I'll call them by first name: Serenity (Sailor Moon), Emeraude (Magic Knight Rayearth), Celestia (My Little Pony), and Celestia (Shining Tears X Wind).
 
 

* The base white dress I used for Serenity (SM), Emeraude (MKR), and Celestia (MLP) is one and the same! Oh yeaaah~~~ ╰☆╮ Emeraude's puff sleeves were used for Celestia, which "tails" can be removed (hand-sewn only). Most of the accessories were separate pieces so it was easy to change the look of the dress. However, I altered the base dress again into the Snow White (OUAT) maternity dress for my pre-natal shoot. So that was a total of five (5) characters using the same material. <3

* I also used the same wig for Emeraude (MKR), Celestia (MLP), and Celestia (STXW) just styled differently! Except that I already dyed it multi-colored for Celestia (MLP).

I also use old pieces of clothing (ukay) to make into costume pieces. Or borrow an accessory, glove, skirt, etc from another character to use for another one. Tee hee~ I'm a big cheapskate cosplayer lol.

I have posted this already on my page three years ago, but worth re-sharing again (I think hehe). https://bit.ly/2myxqYa
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment